dinner time!

Its been a good week since Ive posted. I think cause since Thanksgiving I feel my effort toward food has been lacking. Indulging a bit too much in the lunch room fudge and doughnuts and not making enough delicious food at home. Actually heck, I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I still made a yummy Pisole Mexican soup and this apple cider chicken!

First the chicken!
This was just a throw it together with what sounded good and what was around kind of meal. Truly "Laura cooking". I put a bit of coconut oil in the pan and cooked up the chicken thighs with allspice and paprika and cayenne pepper and salt. I let them cook about 95%. Took them out and set aside in a bowl. Then in the pan with the chicken broth and seasoning still hanging, out I sautéed chopped onions for about 4 min. Added in chopped carrots. Let them cook together and soften up a bit. Then once the carrots had gotten a good 4-5 min head start I add diced peppers and yellow squash. After a few minutes I added in apple cider vinegar- small cap full, and some sherry (or any cooking wine). I placed the chicken back in and covered with a lid so it could cook up together the rest of the way. I also added a little arrowroot to make it a bit thicker.

Get the chicken to about 180 degrees.
Added diced cucumbers on top for color and variety in texture.
 
Pairs well with a hard apple cider. I tapped into our home bottled cider from the garage. Delish!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts